- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips & Caramelized Onions
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to tase
- 6 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 pieces applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 each Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Zesty Bell Pepper Relish (Hot)
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Italian Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a food processor combine Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips & Caramelized Onions, mayonnaise and lemon zest until smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
Butter one side of each of the slices of bread and then place butter-side-down on a clean work surface. Spread each piece of bread with a generous portion of red pepper mayonnaise followed by a slice of cheddar cheese, 3 slices of bacon, 5 slices of apple and a portion of Mezzetta® Zesty Bell Pepper Relish and then another slice of cheddar cheese.
Spread a portion of Mezzetta® Italian Homemade Style Basil Pesto on the unbuttered side of the remaining pieces of bread. Complete the sandwiches, all with buttered bread facing out.
Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium.
Cook the sandwiches, turning once, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Make That Sandwich Contest Honorable Mention Sandwich 2010 M.J. Jones-Yorktown, VA