- 8 slices peppered turkey breast thinly sliced
- 8 slices deli salami thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto ham thinly sliced
- 8 slices black forest deli ham thinly sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 4 Mezzetta® banana waxed peppers, drained, seeded, and sliced in strips
- 1cup Mezzetta® deli-sliced roasted sweet bell pepper strips drained
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sandwich spread:
- 2 Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño peppers, drained, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño jelly
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 Italian or focaccia loaf of bread cut horizontally
- 2 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring Jalapeño jelly and chopped Jalapeño peppers to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir mint in until blended. Pour mixture in a small bowl, set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat a sandwich grill or a heavy skillet.
Slice bread horizontally.
Brush the sandwich spread onto the insides of both the top and bottom pieces of bread.
Layer the sandwich as follows: turkey, salami, prosciutto, black forest ham, cheese, banana peppers, roasted bell peppers, salt, and ground pepper. Close sandwich and cut into 4 equal pieces.
Brush top of the sandwich with butter, set sandwich, butter side down, on the sandwich grill or skillet.
Brush butter on top side of bread and place on the grill or in a large skillet. To evenly press the sandwich, place a heavy skillet, or a brick wrapped in foil, on top of the sandwich.
Cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Repeat for the second sandwich.