- 1 c. Mezzetta® Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes
- 1 loaf crusty Italian Bread
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 2 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1//2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. To soften the sun ripened tomatoes place them in the boiling water.
Remove them from the heat and steep for 2-3 minutes.
Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl and reserve liquid for another use. Slice tomatoes and reserve.
Cut the bread lengthwise. Combine the olive oil, garlic and salt, and brush the mixture onto the bread.
Top with the cheeses and sun ripened tomatoes.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from the oven, and cool for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with basil and slice into 4-inch sections. Serve warm.