- 3 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 3/4 c. grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 c. Mezzetta® Sun Dried Tomatoes, with olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a 5 to 6 quart pan over high heat, bring 1 quart water to a boil. Peel and rinse potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks. Add potatoes to boiling water cover and return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 1 to 1-1/2 quart pan over medium heat, warm 1 cup milk and garlic until steaming, about 5 minutes. (Or in a 2 cups microwave safe container, microwave on full power until steaming, 1 to 2 minutes). Drain potatoes and return to pan. Add the hot milk mixture, cheese, basil, sun dried tomatoes and paprika.
Mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer until potatoes are desired consistency, adding a little more milk for a softer, creamier texture, if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.