- 4 c. diced sweet potatoes (1/2” thick)
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Hot Jalapenos (diced)
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt & 1 tsp. salt
- 5 strips of smoked bacon
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 c. chopped candied pecans
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice and zest of 1 tangerine
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Place the bacon in a skillet and fry until crispy and golden, chop the bacon into bite size pieces.
Pour the fat out of the pan, but do not rinse it.
Add the onion and sauté for 10 minutes or until caramelized.
Peel and dice the sweet potato and place them into a pot of boiling water with the sugar and 1 of the teaspoons of salt, cook just until tender but still holding their shape.
Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
Place them in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Serve.