- Spicy Pepper Aioli:
- 1/4 cup MEZZETTA® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup MEZZETTA® Garlic & Dill Golden Peperoncini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 small precooked chicken breasts
- 4 Dutch crunch rolls or French rolls
- 1 cup Mezzetta Italian Mix Giardiniera, drained and chopped
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon or pancetta
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 slices provolone or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup MEZZETTA® Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons MEZZETTA® Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
To make the aioli, combine the roasted bell peppers, peperoncini’s, and mayonnaise in small food processor. Blend until pureed. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Use left-over roasted chicken breast, or purchase cooked chicken from the supermarket. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon over medium high heat, until crisp.
To assemble the sandwich, slice the bread, removing the soft inside dough of the sandwich. Spread the aioli on both sides of the sandwich. Place the giardiniera onto the bread, then add the sliced chicken, bacon, tomato slices, cheese, jalapenos, and cilantro. Brush the olive oil onto the outside crust of the bread and press in a panini press until cheese is melted and crust is crunchy.