- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained and diced
- 1/3 c. sliced red grapes
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Cocktail Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-8 red lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- 4 large croissants
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Place the chicken and water into a pot. Add the tablespoons of salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove the chicken from the water, and cool enough to handle.
Shred the chicken with a fork and knife, or by hand. Place the chicken into a bowl. Add the almonds, mayonnaise, bell peppers, grapes, onions, and tarragon. Stir to combine, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Divide the chicken salad among the 4 croissants, top with 1-2 lettuce leaves, and serve.
The chicken salad can also be made several days in advance, and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.