- 1 baguette crusty French bread
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 large red onion, minced
- 8 oz. Mezzetta® Sweet Yellow and Red Peppers, drained
- 4 oz. Wild Smoked Salmon
- 4 oz. Mezzetta® Non-Pareil Capers, drained
- 2 oz. fresh chives
- Aioli dressing
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat broiler. Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Drizzle with 1/3 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toast bread in broiler, turning once and removing when edges have browned.
Roast onion in a pan over medium high heat until edges just start to brown, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Dice Mezzetta Sweet Yellow and Red Peppers, and add to a large mixing bowl with the now cooled red onions. Shred the salmon using two forks to pull the meat apart, reducing the slices to the size of the peppers and onions. Add salmon and capers to the bowl and mix to combine evenly. Chop chives into 1-inch long pieces and set aside.
To assemble, top each piece of bread with a small spoonful of the Aioli Dressing, then follow with a slightly larger amount of the salmon mixture. Top with a few pieces of chopped chives.