- 1/2 cup black and white sesame seeds
- 4 (6 oz.) Ahi tuna steaks
- 1 Tbl dark sesame oil
- 1/2 lb. red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 c. Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. snow peas
- 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Kona Coast Island Teriyaki Sauce
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Combine sesame seeds on a plate; evenly coat both sides of tuna steaks.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the tablespoon of olive oil, and sear tuna 1 minute per side for rare, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Remove from heat, and set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or saucepan over high heat. Add vegetables, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp and tender. Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, or more, to taste.
Slice tuna steaks in half, and serve with rice and teriyaki vegetables.