- 1 cup Fontina cheese, cut in 1/2” sticks
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin slices
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in, trimmed of excess fat and skin
- 1/2 jar Mezzetta® Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Wrap the cheese with the prosciutto. Cut a pocket into the chicken breast; rub inside and out with pesto and place the cheese and prosciutto inside.
Pour olive oil in an oven proof sauté pan and sauté, skin side down, over medium heat until the skin is crispy; transfer to a 350°F oven and cook until it registers 160°F.
Rest and carve into 1/2-inch thick slices.
This dish would perfect served with a side dish of risotto Milanese, a pasta dish, or, for a lighter meal, a fresh green salad.