- 1 Vidalia onion
- 3 oz Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 jar Napa Valley Bistro™ Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- 1/3 c. shelled salted pistachio nuts
- 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Non-Pariel Capers
- 1/2 lb rare roast beef, sliced
- 2 c. arugula
- 1/2 c. Mezzetta® Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1/2 c. goat cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Heat skillet over medium heat and pour 2 ounces of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic vinegar.
Add sliced onion and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Put shelled pistachios in a food processor and grind until finely chopped. Mix in Homemade Style Basil Pesto and Capers. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Slowly add remaining one ounce Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix until creamy. Set aside.
Slice ciabatta rolls in half horizontally.
Divide Pistachio Pesto into four equal amounts and spread on the bottom half of each roll.
Layer two ounces of roast beef on each sandwich.
Top with 1/2 cup of arugula, 1/4 of the Roasted Bell Peppers, and 1/4 of the onions on each sandwich.
Spread 1/4 of goat cheese on the top half of each ciabatta roll.
This is one of the delicious finalists from the 2010 Make That Sandwich Recipe Contest! $1,000 Finalist (Cold Category) Lori Definis, Bensalem, PA