- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Deli Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 2 peaches, ripe peeled and diced
- 6 Cloves Mezzetta® Spicy Pickled Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp. juice from Mezzetta® Spicy Pickled Garlic
- 6 Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, stemmed and diced
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Mezzetta® Kona Coast Polynesian Orange Teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb pork tenderloin trimmed and butterflied to lay flat
- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 12 oz prosciutto, sliced
- 2 oz Manchego cheese, sliced
- 1 loaf Pugliese bread
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a large bowl mix the first seven ingredients (peaches to mint). Season to taste and set aside.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Grill Pork Tenderloin for 10 minutes. Occasionally brush with Kona Coast™ Polynesian Orange Teriyaki sauce. Turn once, grill and glaze for an additional 10 minutes or until pork has an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove pork from the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before the sandwich is assembled.
Heat 2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry each slice of prosciutto until slightly crisp. Set aside.
Slice the Pugliese loaf lengthwise and brush the inside with the remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Grill the inside of the loaf over the same area where the pork was cooked, absorbing additional pork flavor.
Evenly layer the bottom of the loaf with Manchego cheese, sliced pork and prosciutto. Top with Peach and Pepper Chutney and the top of the Pugliese loaf.
Make That Sandwich Contest Honorable Mention Sandwich 2010 Dana Fox-Folsom, CA