- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, large, beaten
- 2 3/4 c. frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed very dry
- 1 jar Mezzetta® Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- 1 jar Mezzetta® Homemade Style Marinara
- 12 dry lasagna noodles, blanched
- 2 cups fontina cheese, grated
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Blend the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and stir in the egg. In a separate bowl, blend the spinach and pesto. Brush a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish with oil.
Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the dish and arrange 3 noodles side by side on top.
Spread 1-1/4 cups of the cheese mixture on top. Drop 1/3 of spinach mixture over in spoonfuls. Repeat layering until all items have been used.
Top the remaining noodle layer with 1 cup of sauce. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with fontina cheese.
Bake an additional 15 minutes, so that the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Lasagna is the perfect family dish—it is delicious and can be prepared in advance.