- 2 oz Sliced Prosciutto
- 2-3 each Mezzetta® Hot Cherry Peppers
- 4 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1 Whole Egg, whipped
- 1/2 c. Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp. Whole Fennel Seed
- 3/4 tsp. Whole Anise Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dry Whole Oregano
- 2 oz Whole Roasted and Salted Pistachios
- 12 oz Ground Veal
- 2 jars Napa Valley Bistro™ Homemade Style Marinara Pasta Sauce
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Remove and discard the shells from the pistachios. Mince (or grind in a food processor) the pistachios until they are very fine. Set aside.
Mince prosciutto by rolling into thin “cigars” and slicing into 1/8” spirals. Turn the spirals 90 degrees and mince the prosciutto into 1/8” pieces. Place the in a large mixing bowl.
Remove and discard the stems and seeds from 2-3 Hot Cherry Peppers. Mince the peppers. Add to the prosciutto.
Add the Mezzetta Crushed Garlic, whipped egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, fennel and anise seeds, oregano and ground pistachios. Mix together.
Thoroughly mix in the ground veal.
Divide the mixture into approximately 3 oz portions and then roll between your palms to form firm balls that will not fall apart while cooking.
Heat the 2 jars of Napa Valley Bistro Homemade Style Marinara Pasta Sauce in a heavy-bottomed pot. Drop in the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for at least 15 minutes and for up to one hour, adding water as necessary to maintain consistency. Meatballs should reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. Stir occasionally.