- 1 c. sweetened flaked or shredded dried coconut
- 6 Mezzetta® Tamed Jalapenos stemmed, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 5 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp
- 8 skewers (if bamboo soak for 1 hour)
- 1 sprig cilantro (optional)
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Place shrimp on skewers. Cook shrimp on grill turning once. Cook until bright pink and opaque but still moist-looking in the center of the thickest part (cut to test), 3 minutes total. Transfer shrimp to a platter. Serve with sambal paste.
In a food processor, blend coconut, MEZZETTA Tamed Jalapenos, anchovy paste, garlic and lime juice until coconut and jalapeno are minced (scrape sides frequently). Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or simply garnish with a cilantro sprig.
Note: Also a great sauce for chicken or beef satay!