- 9 tablespoons Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces dried bing cherries (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 whole Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons juice from jar of Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Sweet Pepper Strips, drain and reserve brine
- 2 tablespoons Napa Valley Bistro™ Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices rustic sourdough wheat bread (about 7-inches in length, 1/2-inch width)
- 8-12 ounces brie cheese, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 12 Mezzetta® Spanish Queen Martini Olives marinated in Dry Vermouth (drained)
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Heat 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 12-inch or larger skillet, on medium-high. Add garlic and spinach, stir and sauté 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Set aside and allow excess water to drain.
Combine 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, dried bing cherries, Sweet Cherry Peppers, juice from Sweet Cherry Peppers, Roasted Sweet Pepper Strips, and Basil Pesto in a 6-cup or larger food processor. Scrape down bowl and process until paste develops (about 1 minute). Set aside.
Heat griddle to medium-high.
Mix the garlic salt with the remaining olive oil and brush onto one side of each slice of bread.
Divide the Cherry Pepper Pesto and spread on four slices of the bread, olive oil side down.
Chop Queen Martini Olives and layer evenly on top of the Pesto.
Add sautéed spinach, and sliced brie cheese.
Top with 4 additional slices of bread, olive oil side facing out.
Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until toasty brown and the cheese has melted.
This is one of the delicious finalists from the 2010 Make That Sandwich Recipe Contest! $1,000 Finalist (Vegetarian Category) Merry Graham, Newhall, CA