- 3-1/2 c. water
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1 lb. Yellow cornmeal, coarse
- 1/2 jar Mezzetta Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- 2 Tbsp. of oil reserved
- 4 Chicken breasts, 4 oz.
- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Purée the artichoke hearts; set aside. Bring the water to a boil and lightly season with salt. Pour the cornmeal into the water in a steady stream while stirring. Add the puréed artichokes and simmer for approximately 45 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile, marinate the chicken in the pesto for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Grill the chicken breasts until cooked through; allow to rest.
Remove the pot of polenta from the heat and mix in the oil; adjust the seasoning. Serve the chicken on a bed of polenta. For a healthier option, remove the skin from the chicken.
This dish, with a side of sautéed broccolini, would be the perfect Italian-inspired meal. To utilize the leftover polenta, cool on a cookie sheet until firm. Cut into squares and grill; serve as an appetizer with a drizzle of basil pesto and shaved Parmesan.