- 1 c. sliced onion
- 1 (17.25 oz) jar Mezzetta® Roasted Red & Yellow Bell Peppers, drained and julienned
- 3 Tbsp. Mezetta® Crushed Garlic
- 5 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a skillet, sauté onion, Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers, Mezzetta Crushed Garlic and Mezzetta Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Add basil and garlic salt set aside. Cut bread into 1-in. slices and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Broil each side for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush remaining oil on one side of bread.
Top with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.