- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16oz.) Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 1/3 jar (approx 5oz) Mezzetta® Hot Cherry Peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 1 jar Mezzetta® Cream Style Horseradish
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb. tri-tip or roast beef, deli thin sliced (uncooked or rare)
- 4 sandwich style rolls
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Drain Cherry Peppers, (save 1/2 cup of juice from the sweet cherry peppers - it will go into the mix at the end).Slice the peppers and add to the heated skillet. Add the cherry pepper juice and beef broth. Allow it to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the meat.
Place rolls on a baking sheet. Spread each roll with some creamy horseradish. With tongs or a draining spoon, place the meat and vegetable mixture on the rolls. Top with a spoonful of the pan juices, and grated or sliced pepper jack cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted and rolls are crisp, 10-15 minutes. You can reserve the additional pan juices to dip into the sandwiches.