- 6 Salmon 5 oz. each
- 3/4 c. Mezzetta® Imported Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Italian fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup Basil leaves
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 c. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. Toasted pine nuts
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil for roasting
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed into a textured pesto sauce.
Season 5 oz. salmon with salt and pepper. Drizzle roasting pan with olive oil and place salmon over it.
Spread pesto on the salmon and roast in oven at 375 F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Squeeze fresh lemon at service time.
Chef Notes: Also very good for sea bass, monkfish, grilled steak, grilled shrimp, and grilled chicken. Use as well as a spread on toasted bread topped with Mezzetta roasted red peppers and goat cheese.