- 2 - 8 ounce halibut fillets
- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Non-Pareil Capers, diced
- 1 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 12 medium-sized fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Ciabatta, or other crusty style rolls
- salt and pepper to taste
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Rinse the fish and pat dry. Cover in the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through.
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, red onion, lemon juice, capers, and crushed garlic. Whisk together and set aside.
Spread the mayonnaise on both side of the rolls. Arrange the basil on the bottom of the rolls, followed by the halibut, provolone, sun dried tomatoes and avocado. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.