- Triangle Ingredients
- 1 pkg. puff pastry, cut into squares
- Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- Mozzarella cheese (optional) as needed
- Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cups Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, with juice
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Sun-Dried Tomatoes, julienned
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ingredients Giardiniera and Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed very well
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup Mezzetta® Italian Mix Giardiniera, reserve juice, chop
- 1 tomato seeded and finely chopped
- 4–6 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Ingredients Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet. Place the chicken in the pan and sear, turning frequently, to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook until halfway done. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
Add the mushrooms, flour, and juice from the artichokes, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan. Stir in the cream and add the tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Add the chicken back to the pan and bring to a boil; lower the heat and allow it to reduce for approximately 5 minutes. Stir in some of the Parmesan and garnish with the remaining portion.
Method Giardiniera and Quinoa Salad
Place the quinoa and 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes; cool. Add the giardiniera, tomato, and parsley. Add approximately 1/2 cup of juice from the giardiniera jar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil; mix well. Adjust the seasoning and consistency by adding salt, pepper and olive oil or giardiniera juice as needed.
1. Place 1 tablespoon of the chicken and sauce and 1 tablespoon of giardiniera and quinoa salad in the center of a puff pastry square and fold into a triangle shape.
2. Brush the top with butter or olive oil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, if using.
3. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Chef’s Notes: A perfect appetizer or side dish.