- 1/8 c. Mezzetta® Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion
- 4 large mangoes
- 1 Mezzetta® Habanero Pepper
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Tamed Jalapenos
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh mint
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta® Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wooden skewers
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Mango Habanero Salsa
In a pot over medium heat sauté the onion with the olive oil. Once the onions are translucent, add the mango and remove from the heat. Add the habanero pepper, orange juice, salt, jalapenos, cilantro and mint to the mango mixture, and puree into a smooth sauce using a blender.
Soak the skewers for 30 minutes in hot water, so they don’t burn as you grill the shrimp. Place 4 shrimp on each skewer and marinate for 30 minutes in the olive oil, garlic and salt. Grill the shrimp, until they turn pink in color. Serve with the mango-habanero salsa.