- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (Can be found in the Asian section of most grocery stores.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Gourmet Baby Carrots, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 of 1 large baguette cut into 2 equal pieces
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
To make the spread, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, lime juice, Sriracha sauce, crushed garlic, and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, toss prepared carrots with rice wine vinegar, let set while preparing remaining ingredients.
Cut the baguette pieces horizontally almost in half, leaving one side hinged. Brush the cut sides with sesame oil. Place bread, cut side down, on a hot grill pan and grill over medium-high heat until lightly toasted.
To assemble sandwiches, slather baguette bottoms with a generous amount of Sriracha spread. Layer each sandwich with a lettuce leaf and equal parts of the roast beef. Top each with 1/2 of the peperoncini, 1/2 of the jalapeno peppers, and 1/2 of the marinated carrots. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro sprigs.
A Note from the Judging Panel: Not your ordinary roast beef sandwich. This Asian influenced sandwich has lots of fresh flavors and crunchy textures. The jalapeños and peperoncinis along with the creamy dreamy spicy Sriracha spread add the perfect amount of heat. Enjoy with an ice cold Sapporo to cool it off a bit.