- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 8 Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Non-Pareil Capers
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a mallet or the back of a sturdy metal spoon until thin.
Layer the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and capers along the center of the breasts and top with the mozzarella.
Fold one side of the breast over the filling and roll into a long tube, secure with a toothpick.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with the bread crumbs and bake in an oven-proof dish for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F; cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
Allow the chicken to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing or cutting in half.
Chef’s Notes: This baked chicken makes a delicious complete meal when served over creamy mushroom artichoke risotto.