- 1/2 jar Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers (16 oz.), finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 jars Mezzetta® Artichoke Hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 c. parsley, minced
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Pimiento-Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 36 diagonally cut slices (1/4 in. thick) sourdough baguette
- 1/2 c. asiago or parmesan cheese, grated
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a 10 to 12 inch, non-stick frying pan over medium heat frequently stir the Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers, onion and Mezzetta Crushed Garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 8-10 minutes. Add Mezzetta Artichokes, parsley, Mezzetta Pimiento-Stuffed Manzanilla Olives and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If making up to 1 day in advance, cover and chill.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a 12x15 baking sheet. Broil 4-6 inches from heat until toasted on 1 side. Remove from oven and turn the slices over.
Spoon artichoke mixture equally on untoasted side of the baguette slices, spread level. Sprinkle with cheese.