Position: Recruiting Manager/HR Generalist
Department: Human Resources
The Corporate Recruiting Manager will be working in a fast-paced, growing company. The ideal candidate should possess a professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills and a solid network. In addition the candidate must have the ability to form successful relationships within all areas of the company and work as a team to build the internal recruiting organization and drive the recruitment process. Recruiter will be trained in HR Generalist duties, including, Onboarding, Performance Management and will provide other assistance to HR as needed.
This position is based in American Canyon, the gateway to Napa Valley.
• Full life-cycle recruiter: Successfully source and recruit for executive level, management and specialized skills positions concurrently.
• Conduct creative sourcing and research through networking, cold-calling, headhunting, employee referrals, LinkedIn and other social networking tools, trade associations, Internet, job boards and job fairs to find qualified candidates.
• Screen and qualify candidates for tactical and strategic skills, experience and cultural fit for retention.
• Drive hiring process to successful completion: team with hiring managers to develop comprehensive job specifications, job analyses, job descriptions, assessment benchmarks, and effective sourcing and marketing strategies; target companies; provide full details on candidates for evaluation; schedule and follow up with interviews; guide the decision-making process.
• Use of behavioral interviewing, offer and counter-offer negotiation. Coach and train hiring managers and oversee interviews to ensure we hire top candidates.
• Conduct Candidate Reference Checks and initiate Background Investigations.
• Manage temporary, contingency and retained search agencies, including fee negotiation and agreements when appropriate.
• Engage in proactive recruiting for upcoming positions; build a pipeline of ready candidates for future roles.
• Maintain Applicant Tracking System.
• In partnership with the VP of HR, develop and oversee an Onboarding Process from Offer to 90-day Completed Plan.
• Create an Employer Brand. Partner with internal business partners as required, i.e., Marketing.
• Review and update Job Descriptions; ensure existing Job Descriptions are relevant to the company’s current and future needs, as well as review for accuracy as to job duties that are currently being performed by existing employees.
• Establish and maintain Mezzetta’s Employee Referral Program.
• Evaluation of benefit packages.
• HR Metrics: Partner with VP of HR and as well as Mezzetta Leadership to analyze, establish, improve and maintain performance management processes and metrics.
Qualifications and Experience:
• The ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years of proven full life-cycle recruiting experience. Any experience in Human Resources, Training, or Organizational Development is a plus. Experience recruiting CPG professionals is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• An interest in gaining HR Generalist experience.
• The ability to work with personnel at all levels; must demonstrate the ability to work well within a team environment, and successfully build relationships with hiring managers as well as executive-level management.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to be professional and confidential on all levels of communication.
• Tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations.
• Outstanding organizational skills; must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-driven, self-directed.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Numerical and budgeting skills.
• An interest in people, and employee career development.