Position: Natural Foods Channel Sales Manager
The Manager – Natural Foods Channel is responsible for significantly expanding Mezzetta’ s business in the natural foods channel. This is a key initiative for the company as Mezzetta is highly under-developed in the natural foods channel but shouldn’t be given our product expertise in peppers, olives, pasta sauce and other specialty foods. The company has developed a new product line that exclusively targets the natural foods channel.
This Manager – Natural Foods Channel position reports into a Director – Sales.
Ideally, the candidate for this position will reside in either Austin, TX or in California but other geographic locations will be considered. The candidate must have a productive home office environment.
• Achievement of annual top-line sales goals for natural food channel.
• Managing promotional spending to targeted spend rates.
• Development of new product line targeting the natural foods channel exclusively.
• Achieving category share targets for targeted categories within the natural channel.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3-5 years’ experience as a sales manager within the natural foods channel.
• Basic computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (Intermediate level is preferred)
• The individual must be effective in a home office environment.
• Energetic and energizing.
• Passion for selling and winning.
• Passion for retail work.
• Consistently demonstrates sound judgment.
• Consistently able to execute (achieve goals).
• Excellent written and oral communication and skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation.
• Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work without daily direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time.
• Ability to work in a team environment and to be an effective leader.