Position: IT Director
The Information Technology Director is responsible for the establishment and execution of Mezzetta’ s IT strategy and the meeting of business objectives and results. The Director will work closely with the CFO and other Company Executives to understand the information and reporting needs of Mezzetta to make better informed decisions. Based on the needs of the Company the Director will oversee and participate in applications development, report writing, re-engineering of business processes, outsourcing, and computer and network operations and support.
The IT Director is a “hands-on” leader who is capable of managing team members and is capable of programing / coding software for themselves.
The position has two direct reports and reports to the CFO
• Ensure company IT systems and process are in place to enable better fact based decision making for the management of R&D, Sales and Operations by leading and / or have direct involvement in the design, programing and maintenance of all key reports and program / software tools (e.g. Production Scheduling tools)
• Development of information system standards; and design and implement new and revised systems / processes to ensure effective and efficient services
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes. Where necessary, troubleshoot, develop and implement strategies to improve them.
• Integrate disparate software and hardware components to ensure they work effectively/efficiently as a whole. Program custom solutions where needed.
• Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Provides performance feedback; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors performance outcome.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to graduation from a recognized four-year college or university with a degree in computer science.
• Knowledge of MS SQL server 2008 / Windows server 2008 / SharePoint 2010 / x64 architectures
• Experience with Visual Basic/VBA
• Good troubleshooting skills with MS Office applications
• Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Personal Attributes
• Flexible in their approach to technology but rigid about their commitment to results
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment