Position: AR Claims Specialist
Ensure the accuracy and validity of incoming deductions and check requests from customers. Clear customer deductions accurately and timely in the Account Review system. Responsible for collecting, organizing, and archiving support documentation. Communicate with customers, brokers, sales team, and other staff members with a high degree of professionalism in order to resolve issues effectively. Prepare standard departmental reports and assist with cash application and collections.
• Ensure support is provided for incoming deductions and check requests.
• Allocate and assign customer deductions into appropriate product categories and promotional plans in Account Review.
• Pursue missing support documentation for deductions with brokers/customers, and advise Sales Team and Sales Controller of missing Account Review promotional plans needed to resolve deductions.
• Follow up and track progress on disputed or unsubstantiated deductions seeking repayment if necessary.
• Preparation of weekly reports tracking incoming deductions, aging, average weekly clearing activities, and overspent plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Business or Accounting degree or three to five years general accounting or deduction processing experience is preferred.
• Experience within a consumer packaged goods company is preferred.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multi task in fast paced environment.
• Fast, efficient data entry skills. High proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Must maintain a high degree of professionalism in all verbal and written communication, and be able to work with variety of personalities.
• Cooperative and having a can-do approach to work.
• Reliable and dependable. Able to work independently and as a team player.